Individual therapy, also known as counselling or psychotherapy, is a process by which clients work one on one with a psychologist to explore beliefs, feelings, behaviours, work through challenging memories, difficult patterns, or seek better understanding of themselves and others.
The length of individual therapy can vary sometimes requiring as few as five or six sessions and at other times more depending on the particular needs of the client and the complexity of the presenting concern.
Over the years Maddalena has been helping adults with a diverse array of issues and she would gladly assist you with the following concerns in a caring and confidential therapeutic environment:
- Trauma, and Post Traumatic Stress Disorder
- Gender identity, expression and transition
- Sexual identity, expression and relationships
- Monogamous, and polyamorous relationships
- Childhood and recent sexual abuse
- Stress management
- Anxiety and depression
- Transition to and out of university
- Compassion fatigue for mental health professionals
- Canadian Forces, Veterans and WCB claims